Announcements and Save the Dates!
Trail Work Wednesdays are Back!
First official #TWW is April 13th. Meet at the Cady Hill Forest Parking Lot at 5:30 pm. Throwing in some Saturdays in there too this year - pencil in some trail work on these dates: April 16, April 30, and May 28 - and of course, our annual Spring Cleaning Trail Work Day is May 14 (see below for more info on that!).
Spring Trail Work Day is Saturday, May 21 , meeting at the Sun & Ski Inn/Stowe Bowl!
Under the guidance of Stowe trails guru Hardy Avery, we’ll head out from Stowe Bowl at 9 a.m.(ish) to get the trails buffed out for the season. There are some pretty big projects that we need to tackle and as they say, many hands make light work. The good peeps at Stowe Bowl/Sun & Ski Inn are playing host for the day, allowing us to use their parking lot as an a.m. staging area, and a p.m. party area. Starting around 2 p.m., we’ll have a cook out on the back lawn, right along the river. Music, delicious victuals, good brew, and all your riding buddies. Not to be missed.
Mark Your Calendars! Third Annual B3 Fest is June 10-12!
Save the date for what is sure to be another awesome weekend of Bikes, Bevs and Beats! Schedule and info to be updated shortly!
Have you joined or renewed your membership for 2016 yet? If not, here are some of the local member benefits you are missing out on!The Golden Eagle Resort is offering this special for members only, now through October: $89 per night (Sunday through Thursday) for a Standard Room $129 per night (Friday and Saturday) for a Standard Room Make sure to call them direct at 802-253- 4811 and reserve the rate under Stowe Mountain Bike Club.
Support the trails through a membership, sponsorship, or by making a donation!
Haven't renewed your membership yet? Check out some of our member benefits!
- $50 season pass to the trail network at Trapp Family Lodge, and comped entry fees to the summer trail running series
- SMBC Tuesdays at Topnotch Resort - drink and food specials on the patio for all members!
- 10% off lodging, excluding holiday periods, at Town and Country Inn!
- 10% discount or best available rate at the Sun & Ski Inn and Suites!
- Discounts at local bike shops
- Discounts on events and swag
Want to know what we're up to? Here's what's going on behind the scenes:
- We are working with several private landowners to secure access to trails
- Securing a location for a permanent pump track in town
- Researching areas for more trails and linking existing networks.
Change is always bittersweet, and such is the case today as the Stowe Mountain Bike Club bids farewell to outgoing…